Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I apologize for the lack of posts in the past few weeks, and I apologize again that this may be my last post for quite some time. Tomorrow I leave Qingdao and head to Hong Kong where I am meeting my professor to start or research in the next few days. I am currently stressed out trying to get all of my junk into suit cases in a semi organized fashion. I'm extremely sad to be leaving Qingdao and all of the friends I've made here (in particular, a cheeky Iranian and an adorable German). I'm also really sad to leave the life that I've made here. Yesterday I finished all of my exams and my favorite teacher gave me a lovely present (a dictionary of Chinese idioms, 成语) and she included a really sweet inscription. Today I went in and said goodbye to my class, which included several invitations to come to Korea. I really wish I didn't have to leave. At the same time, however, I'm really excited for the next month in southern China. I'm excited to see my two friends from The Rock who will be meeting us there and I'm excited to see my professor Chris and meet his family.

When I am home in August, I will have more time for reflection and writing about my trip as well as more picture uploading. I will try to write several more posts here at that time. Because I will have very limited internet access over the next month, I don't know if there will be any more posts before I get back.

I hope everyone has a lovely month of July (oh, I guess that's when I turn 19). Also, enjoy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II! I am sad to have to miss that premier.

No comments:

Post a Comment