Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tonight Maeve and I decided to spice up our routine a bit by going out to dinner at a new restaurant. We had passed this Korean place a bunch of times and decided to give it a shot. It was a bit on the pricey side, by which I mean we each paid about $3, but the food was excellent. We just had to be a little careful with the menu at this place. I was able to read enough of the Chinese to make a good decision about food, but I was also able to read some options that Maeve and I weren't too eager to try. As I was browsing our options, the words 狗肉汤 caught my eye. To those of you who don't read Chinese, that means "dog meat soup." There were several different dog meat options on the menu that we made sure to stay far away from. I'm all for trying new things (I've eaten jellyfish already) but I draw the line at eating animals that I've owned as pets. I could never look at Razzle the same way again if I knew what dog flesh tastes like.  Instead of dog, I ate a delicious tofu dish. So, that was the first and probably not the last time that we will have the option of eating dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment